Borrowcop Lane, Lichfield
- 6 bedrooms
- 5 receptions
- 6 bathrooms
A truly exceptional, luxury family home, occupying an elevated position within this highly desirable South Lichfield location. Built by, locally renowned, Cathedral Construction for their own family home in 2004, Belvedere House benefits from a level of finish and specification rarely seen in today's market, clearly the result of a talented developer lavishing such a heightened attention to detail upon his own home. Further improvements have been carried out by the current owners including a detached Coach House, bringing the overall square footage of this extensive property to 4,344 sq.ft all presented in a faultless contemporary style and sitting on a manicured plot of some 0.3 of an acre.
The ground floor accommodation provides a grand entrance hallway looking upwards to an intricate web of gallery landings and staircases, a cloakroom, impressive Martin Moore kitchen with a vast range of appliances and Aga opening in to a recently built orangery, formal dining room, funky sitting room, drawing room and study. The first floor boasts a gallery landing with delightful elevated views, opulent principal bedroom suite with contemporary bathroom, two further bedrooms both with en suites and a large family bathroom. The second floor offers a further two bedrooms and a shower room all benefiting from those stunning views.
Externally the gardens have been impressively landscaped to an impeccable standard with extensive patio areas, manicured lawns, established borders and a rear entrance to the historic Borrowcop Gazebo.
Further benefits include elevated views, substantial parking, detached coach house, quaint 'stable style' outbuildings and the King Edward's catchment area.
Viewing is essential to appreciate the truly exceptional nature of this home.
Entrance Hallway - Cloakroom - Martin Moore Bespoke Kitchen With Aga - Utility - High Quality Orangery - Formal Dining Room - Sitting Room - Drawing room - Study
Impressive Gallery Landing - Principal Bedroom Suite - Opulent En Suite Bathroom - Bedroom Two With En Suite - Bedroom Three With En Suite - Family Bathroom
Gallery Landing - Bedroom Four With En Suite - Bedroom Five
The original detached garage has been converted in to a separate Coach House providing annex accommodation. Boasting a contemporary 'open plan' feel with a stylish mix of exposed brickwork, wide plank oak flooring and two sets of aluminium bi-fold doors. There is a fully integrated kitchen, modern bathroom with shower bath and a first floor bedroom with Velux window and eaves storage (partial restricted head height). The perfect set up for a teenager striving for independence, an opulent guest house or an annex for a dependant relative.
Set back from Borrowcop Lane itself with automated timber gates and extensive tarmac driveway parking. Landscaped beds offer a wide variety of stylish shrubs and flowering plants, gated access to the rear and external lighting. No expense has been spared by the current owners in creating the most beautifully landscaped gardens finished to an exacting and opulent standard. Extensive patio areas to the fore and rear provide seating, dining and games areas with external power points, lighting, cold water tap. Elegant steps lead up to a manicured lawn with flourishing herbaceous borders and a sunken trampoline. A shallow gradient path leads from the patio areas, circling the lawn to the rear of the garden with gated access to the historic Borrowcop Gazebo. The brick built Gazebo is a Grade II listed building and dates from around 1804 and provides an excellent view of the City and surrounding countryside. The Gazebo is a small pavilion, erected by the Corporation by public subscription. In the late 1600's a structure called the Temple stood on the site and this in turn was replaced by various buildings.
Some claim that the area is the burial site of three Christian Kings who were killed in battle under orders from the Roman Emperor Diocletian in about 300AD. A depiction of the three slain Martyrs has been used on the City Seal since 1548, and forms part of the legend that the name of Lichfield derives from 'the field of the dead'. This popular and evocative story is however not supported by either archaeology or etymology.