Mon 08 Jan 2024
Well-styled homes consistently sell for the highest prices, and if you're planning to move this year, January is the perfect time to bag some designer bargains and stage your home to perfection.
As the market picks up from the quieter Christmas period, buyers and sellers alike wake up from their hibernation and start thinking about moving in time for summer.
And as more homes come up for sale, it's the rooms with purpose and panache that generate the most enquiries and turn them into offers.
But with so many retailers on the high street and online fighting for your attention, what's the best way to track down the best offers?
Well, you're already in the right place! Because for this week's blog, we've pulled together our favourite picks from the January sales to get every room in your home popping with style and ready for sale.
So, without further ado, let's go shopping.
PUT HEART INTO YOUR HALL
Everyone remembers a warm welcome, and the entrance hall is your chance to give every buyer a reception to remember by making them feel right at home from the moment they cross the threshold.
- A console table like Graham & Green's art deco half-moon can give a real sense of occasion to a hallway and is a great place for plants, a lamp, or a tidy catchall for keys and wallets.
- Organise coats, hats, scarves and brollies with Royal Crest's classic hatstand or Ben Fowler's fabulously funky hat tree.
- Get the feral footwear pile into a space-saving shoe cabinet or lined up on a shelf below a seat like Lloyd Pascal's Climate bench.
As every buyer's first impression of the inside of your home, your entrance hall effectively sets the tone for every viewing, and even a narrow or tiny space can get things off to a shining start.
LIVEN UP YOUR LIVING ROOMS
Comfortable, cosy and calm are the keywords for spaces like sitting rooms, dining rooms and studies. From telly night to dinner time or working from home, these are where people stay for hours.
- Rugs add warmth and pull rooms together, whether it's the neutral simplicity of a Slumber Shaggy from Dunelm or the vibrant colours of the Painterly Floral from John Lewis.
- Coffee tables make an excellent centrepiece when dressed with ceramics, glassware or beautiful books, like the opulent Jai from Swoon or the 1950s-style Clouse from Wayfair.
- Textiles can give a sofa or armchair an instant new look, and we've gone a bit ga-ga over the texture of the Olive Boucle cushion from Urban Outfitters.
COOK UP KITCHEN CRAVINGS
Always a hive of activity and increasingly the hub of the home, the kitchen is no longer just a practical place to cook. Today, it's where everyone wants to hang out, so it needs to look the part.
- Clear your worktops of stray paperwork to make the room feel larger, then add designer gadgets like a classic Kitchen Aid or Dualit toaster for an elevated chef's look.
- Turn packets of spaghetti and pulses into works of art with tall mason jars from Black and Barn, or go full minimalist by maximising your cupboard capacity with clever shelf stackers.
- Replace outdated appliances with sparkly new ones from trusted brands like AEG and Bosch, like an efficient stainless steel fan oven or a sleek induction hob with touch control.
Finally, if your kitchen is ripe for renewal, slash your costs and boost your profit with a total refit and a big discount, with winter sales at B&Q, Wickes, British Standard and even super-premium Smallbone.
BOLSTER BEDROOM DREAMS
A soothing sanctuary of sleep is what everyone wants from a bedroom, whether it's a master suite, a children's room or a place for guests, and getting it right is mainly down to textiles and tidiness.
- Crisp new bedding elevates any bedroom, from soft naturals at The White Company to the lush floral prints and graphics at Secret Linen Store. Don't forget to layer up with a snuggly throw!
- Get laundry off the floor and into a stylish basket: Mango has an elegantly understated jute bin, while Not On The High Street sells a fun and colourful ali-baba hamper.
- If you have cosmetics on display, Resszo's fluted makeup tray will keep them organised, while plastic storage crates bring order to the chaos of toys and games.
When you give every bedroom all it needs to be tidy and tranquil, your viewers will dream of waking up in your home every day - an essential step towards making an offer.
ADD BLISS TO YOUR BATHROOM
Whether it's a swift morning shower before heading to work or a bath by candlelight to wind down from the day, adding some luxury touches will make your bathroom feel immediately more expensive.
- Hide all your lotions and potions in a mirrored medicine cabinet over the basin or a tall floor-standing locker, and hang a smart shower caddy to get bottles off the floor.
- Add the rich warmth of timber with pieces like La Redoute’s towel ladder, Wayfair’s bamboo bath shelf, or Dunelm’s ash duckboard.
- Go full-on luxe with new fluffy towels for snuggly comfort and style, from Christy’s classic pure whites to rich charcoal grey from Hampton & Astley.
Everyone loves a day at the spa, and with a few well-chosen accessories, your viewers will feel like they’re on a retreat as they soak up your sumptuous style.
Are you getting your home ready to sell?
Then let’s start now with a no-strings chat!
We’d love to show you how we can sell your home in Whittington or Lichfield for the highest price, so call us on 01543 432099 or message us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with one of our friendly and expert team.